The Renter may add up to two additional drivers to the rental. Additional drivers must have verified their eligibility first, and Karshare reserves the right to refuse service based on the renter risk score.
In the event of any incidents occurring due to the fault of the additional driver, the main renter will still remain liable for all costs incurred.
How much does adding an additional driver cost?
The charge for additional drivers is £18 per day per person (£15 + VAT).
How do I add an additional driver to my rental booking?
- Contact the Karshare team by calling 020 8138 8800, submitting a ticket in our Help Centre or using our live chat function.
- Let us know that you'd like to add an additional driver and we'll ask for the relevant details.
- We'll add them to the booking and add a charge of £18 per day per additional person to your booking.
- You'll then see the additional driver(s) added in the Karshare app
- All named drivers are insured and allowed to drive the car throughout the rental duration.
Can an additional driver unlock the car using their phone?
Yes - just log in to the Karshare app using the main driver's account on the additional driver's phone and toggle the driver. The new driver will be asked to verify their identity in the app using facial recognition. After that, they can lock or unlock the rental car using the Karshare app as normal.
Do all named drivers need to remain with each other?
No - any driver named on the booking can drive the rental car on their own. If drivers are not staying together, the main driver's Karshare account will need to be logged in on the additional driver's phone and verified with facial I