Unlike your usual rental cars, Karshare cars are all unlocked using an app.
If the car is not a push start vehicle, you'll find a dummy blade key inside the car (in a glove box) once unlocked to start the engine.
How do I unlock the car via app?
- To unlock the car, you must find the vehicle and hit the "Find & Start" rental button.
- You'll then need to do a quick damage "Inspection" consisting of at least 6 photos showing all panels and wheels of the car.
- The last step before being able to unlock is to "Verify your Identity" with a selfie.
Once you have passed this step, you will progress to the 'In Rental screen' which can be seen below.
- To unlock and lock the car simply press the 'Unlock and Lock 'buttons during your rental.
What happens if I cannot unlock the car?
If for any reason this does not work, ensure your Bluetooth & Location is on and Karshare has been given permission to these.
You can see the Bluetooth connection in the top right of the screen below.
If this does not say connected, please follow the steps below.
1. Close the app
2. Turn off your Bluetooth and turn it on again
3. Then restart your app.
This will re-connect to the car.