Unlike your usual rental cars, Karshare cars are all unlocked using an app.
If the car is not a push start vehicle, you'll find a dummy blade key inside the car (in a glove box) to start the engine (the dummy blade should never be used to lock/unlock the car as this will stop the app from working).
How do I unlock the car with the app?
- To unlock the car, you must find the vehicle and hit the "Find & Start" rental button.
- You'll then need to do a quick damage "Inspection" consisting of at least 6 photos showing all panels and wheels of the car.
- The last step before being able to unlock is to "Verify your Identity" with a selfie.
Once you have passed this step, you will progress to the 'In Rental screen' which can be seen below.
- To unlock and lock the car simply press the 'Unlock and Lock 'buttons during your rental. If the car is not a push start vehicle and therefore has a dummy blade key inside the car never use the blade key to unlock/lock the car as this will stop the app from working. The dummy blade should remain inside the car at all times.
What happens if I cannot unlock the car?
If for any reason this does not work, ensure your Bluetooth & Location is on and Karshare has been given permission to these.
You can see the Bluetooth connection in the top right of the screen below.
If this does not say connected, please follow the steps below.
1. Close the app
2. Turn off your Bluetooth and turn it on again
3. Then restart your app.
This will re-connect to the car.